Exploring the Benefits to SnapChat Video Advertising
Snapchat is one of the only platforms where you can reach the ever-elusive 13-17 age group. Its platform demographic also skews heavily toward 18-24 and 25-34 audiences in North America.
Snapchat’s daily active users visit the app 18 times per day and spend 30 minutes on the app daily, and 60% of them also create daily snaps.
So who’s on Snapchat anyway?
The basic premise of Snapchat is that of user social engagement.
Users snap anywhere and everywhere they go, from parties to football games, to special occasions. As a business owner, selling to consumers at the point of enjoyment should not be easier, as most of them are should already be in a good mood when they see your ad. That sounds good in theory, but you still need to hold yourself fully responsible for producing quality ads to maximize conversion.
- Active Snapchatters open the app 25 time every day.
- More than 400 million Snapchat stories are created per day.
- More than 60% of active Snapchatters create new content on a daily basis.
- On average, people spend 34.5 minutes per day on Snapchat and send 34.1 message a day.
- It would take you 10 years to view all the photos shared on Snapchat in the last hour.
- A custom geofilter could be seen by 40 to 60% of daily Snapchatters.
- By the time you’d viewed those, another 880,000 years’ worth of photos would have been shared.
- More than 20,000 photos are shared every second.
- 528,000 snaps are sent every minute.
- As of May 15th 2018, the longest Snapchat streak is 1,154 snaps.
Insights From SnapChat
- Perhaps most importantly, the reasons people open Snapchat run the gamut from staying in touch (86%), to sharing funny moments (84%), to getting advice from their closest confidants on what to buy (43%).4 For advertisers, that means an opportunity to reach an engaged audience that’s connected at all moments of their day.
- Choose from over 300 audiences based on what Snapchatters care about, what they buy, what they watch, and where they go.
- Get specific with age, location, device type, and advanced demographics like household income and parental status.
- Combine your data with ours to build custom audiences. Just drag and drop a customer list to get started.
- Expand your reach and tune performance by building lookalike audiences similar to your best customers.
Snapchat may not be as familiar to marketers as Facebook and Instagram, but its dedicated user base can’t be ignored.
To be successful it’s important for marketers to get a sense of the most important Snapchat demographics segments so they can plan a marketing strategy that maximizes the app’s unique characteristics, rather than just getting lost in the noise.